Am I eligible for the Arts Abroad programs?

Our programs are open to students 18 years or older, as well as college graduates and professionals. Some of the programs have prerequisite course work and/or portfolio requirements. Please visit the webpage for your program of interest or contact the Arts Abroad Office at [email protected].

What are the deadlines?

Apply today! Space is limited and applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis. The earlier you apply, the more likely there will be a space available.

Should the program you have selected be unavailable, you may still apply and be placed on the waiting list. We urge all applicants to send their materials as early as possible.

Do I need to be fluent in another language to attend?

No, all courses are taught in English.

How do I apply?

You can apply online here, or download the application here.

How will I be contacted regarding the status of my application?

You will receive information via e-mail. Please make sure that your e-mail address is printed legibly on your application. If you cannot receive e-mail, please notify our office when you apply, and include the best way for us to contact you.

For questions regarding your application status, please contact: [email protected].

Do I need an interview?

If an interview is required, you will be contacted.

Do I need to submit a portfolio?

All programs require a portfolio review EXCEPT, Art History in Southern France.

Do I need to make housing arrangements?

All of SVA’s Arts Abroad programs include housing. Accommodations vary; please go to the webpage for your program of interest regarding specific housing information.

Will I receive a record of my grade at the end of the semester?

SVA students can access grades through MySVA. All other participants who wish to receive a transcript should contact the Arts Abroad Office, via e-mail ([email protected]). Please include your name, program attended and the address where you would like the transcript to be mailed.

Do I need a passport and/or student visa?

You MUST have a valid passport that will not expire within six months of the scheduled program return date. It is mandatory that you submit a copy of your passport with your program confirmation. If you are an American citizen, visas are generally not required to travel for up to three months in duration. However, requirements change frequently and students should contact the appropriate consulate for up-to-date information. Please visit travel.state.gov/ for more information. Note: The program offered in Shanghai requires a student visa.

International students should consult with the International Student Advisor (Designated School Official) of your school regarding visas for your destination, also to ensure that you have the proper endorsement to re-enter the U.S.

SVA students may contact the International Student Office: [email protected]212.592.2236.

How much do courses cost?

Tuition for each program can be found here and is listed on the application form. Tuition includes accommodations, transportation for program tours, guided tours, entrance to museums and/or site visits for the program. Welcome and Farewell dinners are also included.

All participants are responsible for their travel arrangements to and from the programs.

Is financial aid available?

Scholarships to these programs are not available through the Office of Arts Abroad. For other tuition sources please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 212.592.2030.